IFRS 9 in practice | July 3-4
KEY ASPECTS for proper implementation of IFRS 9 in the banking sector
• Jan 2018 is the effective date to be applied for banking sector across Europe and for entire world banking community (since its final form issued in 2014);
• IFRS 9 implementation has a wide range impact on a bank or non-banking financial institution business;
• Business model completely changed from old IAS 39 ruled based approach to IFRS 9 principle based approach for financial instruments;
• The Key impact on banking sector is on Impairment model and the major aspects will be addressed by this seminar.
IFRS 9 implementation may improve portfolio management and therefore, profitability of a Bank.
High-quality risk management is not the cost, it is an efficiency driver.
The purpose of this seminar is twofold:
– It is important to give in-depth description of IFRS 9 credit allowance calculation.
– But it is even more important to show how to apply these results to portfolio management, how to use them to improve business efficiency, how to unite segmental risk management techniques into bank management technologies.
What You Get
• In-depth understanding of credit portfolio modeling, management, and pricing;
• Business-oriented approach to IFRS 9 credit allowance calculation;
• Study cases and ready-to-apply methodologies for portfolio optimization;
• Course materials which help you to improve your day-to-day activity.
The training is organized in partnership with BSC (Business Systems Consult), located in Moscow
Panel of Experts — Seminar Instructors
1. Vladimir Babikov, PhD in Physics and Mathematics
Before getting up a consulting practice at BSC, Vladimir worked in GE Capital (Norfolk, USA) and some of the subsidiary banks of GE Capital Group. His responsibility in the bank included credit risk modelling, provision forecasting, stress testing (in accordance with requirements of Federal Reserve System).
– As of today, he combines manager responsibilities at BSC and methodology development in a broad range of consulting products.
2. Sergey Kopylov, PhD in Physics and Mathematics, CFA, FRM
Before joining a consulting company BSC as a Junior Partner, Sergey worked in Asset-Liability and Risk Management in a number of banks, including Gazprombank (#3 in Russian Federation, USD 90bn in assets) and UniCredit Bank.
As of today, he is responsible for ALM practice and IFRS 9 methodology as well as for BSC Learning Solutions.
Mihail Stan, FCCA, CAFR, CECCAR
Mihai is an independent banking senior professional, with more than 12 years of banking experience (including UniCredit Bank, Banca Comerciala Romana) where he has been involved in coordinating projects in many areas within Finance Division as IFRS reporting, consolidation, budgeting, M&A, set up and liquidation of financial/non-financial companies for the respective banking groups.
He has been teaching IFRS courses in partnership with Exec-Edu since 2004, ACCA Professional Exams courses with various top training companies approved by ACCA as well as “Financial accounting and statement analysis” section for European CEFA qualification under EFFAS and AAFBR cooperation.
Currently his focus is on strategic management consulting for SMEs, startup companies as well as large companies from various industries as financial services, oil & energy and IT & high-tech.
Date and place: July, 3-4, 2017 – Bucharest, 8-10 Calea Grivitei Str.
Investment: 450 EUR + VAT
Early bird: 10% discount up to June 12, 2017
Group discounts for more than 3 people from the same company